9.30.2013

Monday Inspiration: Jim Henson's "Business, Business"

I was turned on to this video via the fantastic site Brain Pickings. Although this skit, first performed on the Ed Sullivan Show in 1968, was before my time, the message is just as relevant now.

The idea that business and financial interests and concerns are mutually exclusive goals from the more abstract and (arguably) more important pursuits of love and happiness is depressing, but to large extent, our reality.

I'm inspired today to reflect on how I can reconcile my financial interests with my desire to be happy. I think the answer largely lies in determining how much I really need, how much is truly enough, and refusing to allow the propaganda of our corporation-run consumer-centric culture to influence my decision-making process.



1 comment: